Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Popular

10 things I noticed that are really popular where I live:

1. The American Flag. Another reason I forget I'm in Italy. I see it everywhere...

2. Hard Rock Cafe T-Shirts. People love this restaurant so much! They have shirts from all around the world and people like to show off where they've eaten. There's some in Berlin, London, Milan, Miami, etc.

3. Shiny or ornate scarves. Yupp, even when it's hot out, wear the scarf. You'll look cool.

4. Pants. Same deal with the scarves.

5. Benetton Rugby Pants (and sometimes the sweater). They look like parachute pants when the boys wear them. Everyone apparently hated this style last year but now all the boys are wearing them.

6. Having a boyfriend/girlfriend. There are so many Italian teenagers with boyfriends/girlfriends! I get asked almost every other day if I have a boyfriend.

7.  Ballet flat shoes. Especially in the winter, girls still wear them without socks.

8. Smoking.

9. OVS Industry. Basically the equivalent to Forever21 in the United States.


10. Converse. More popular than high heels.



No comments:

Post a Comment