Friday, October 21, 2011

Uhmericuh

I love human errors.

Especially when they land you free stuff.

I ordered my American flag 11 days ago from a store online and it was supposed to be delivered two days later but it never showed up.  Unknowingly, I messed up my address, which had to be in this particular format:

Example of a fake address:

Signor XXXXXXXX
Via P. Nenni 23
38542 Rodano (MI)
Italy
If it's not like that, then your package may as well have found a better way out of a black hole.

So I emailed the flag company after tracking my flag and seeing it was now on HOLD for a unknown address. I correctly changed the format, and waited for a couple more days, and it still never showed up.

I had my parents call into the delievery service (Haha, I can't speak Italian just yet. ;P) to see what was going on. Turns out the second time around, the flag company messed up the mailing address. We fixed the address and I went back online to track the flag. I wanted to make sure everything was okay
so I tracked the flag. Again, the address was messed up, this time the fault of the deliverers.

We called in again, changed the address,  and theeeeeen everything was finally right! After 11 days. Well so I thought.

All the while behind the scenes, my payment was pending. It wasn't exactly completed. Then it just crashed and said the payment was not followed through. Therefore, I paid nothing.

I was so mad! "Great, now my flag's not going to be delivered because of this crashed payment online."

Ah, but lo and behold the next day, my flag was delivered and I didn't pay a penny.

On accident of course. 
Haha Zakiyya has terrible integrity.

BAM, free flag. Yaaaay I'm ready for the Orientation Camp. And I know what I'm doing for the Talent Show. ;P


---

Some Italian prashes I learned today.

Someone says to you:
"In bocca al lupo!"- Into the mouth of the wolf!

You respond:
"Crepi!"- I wish it could die!/ Croak wolf!

Meaning: Break a Leg/ Good luck. It makes no sense. You're in the mouth of the wolf (dangerous), but so it doesn't eat you, you respond with "Crepi" so you can stay alive...?

Oh another one (Warning : bad language.)

Someone says to you:
"In culo alla balena!" - In the *** of the whale.

You respond:
"Sperando che non caghi!" - Hoping it does not ****!

Another form of good luck.

I laughed at these for a good 15 minutes in class as the Italian teacher would say the phrases and the kids responded back.

---

I almost broke my foot today. All because my Italian sucks.

The buses are crowded, so people run to get good seats and don't want to be the last ones by the door.

I see why now. The bus doors snagged my foot. Twice. Good thing there was motion sensor after what... 6 seconds. >_> It doesn't do any good when I'm screaming and complaining in English cause I forgot I could speak some Italian. Those doors are terrible. I should really check my foot to see if it's bruised...

But even worse, all the kids around me saw my foot stuck in the door and didn't even holler up to the bus driver to open the door. They just stared at me speaking English the whole time. UGH. And then everyone's bookbags were on the floor so I couldn't even move to a different spot.

Here's my poorly drawn doodle of how it looked.

What a colorful vocabulary.
Buses suck. I think when I get back to the States it's finally time to learn to drive.

4 comments:

  1. I really love your blog! I am going to Italy next year and I hope that I can have an experience like yours!(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you will have so much fun in Italy Nicole! It is really beautiful here! Thank you!~

    -Zakiyya

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahahahaha Zakiyya you crack me up! I love reading your blog. haha and i got your comment on the box story- man that took for-ev-er to write! i am so happy to hear that someone was actually able to sit and read it ^^ hehe. and of course i'm glad your flag didn't end up in italy's equivalent of barajas! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Zakiyya.(: Also, your posts make me laugh as well. You know memes! xD

    ReplyDelete