Thursday, January 12, 2012

I need that Staples button

Random thought process, go!

1. At first the language barrier sucks. People tell jokes and you're often left out wondering why everyone is laughing. Then you feel unconfortable, depression happens, and it gets worse, and then you study the language more. After you finally start to understand some things. Everything doesn't seem so bad.

2. Exchange week is coming up pretty soon! Exchange week is when kids who live in the North part of Italy get to live in the South for a week (and vice versa with the Southern students). (And ofcourse you have to pay. T3T) I can't wait! I heard the South is very different from the North. I hope I can go! *winks at US parents*

3. Oh I get it now, girls wear skirts in the winter and pants in the summer. Makes sense.

4. I make straight Fs in school. That never happens. It's so weird getting bad grades and I can barely even help it. I pay attention in school, study hard, and still fail. Ouch.

5. Preparing for Seasonal Shows! They're very normal in Italy. If you do an activity apart from school, you often do two shows in the year for you parents according to your program. I do Skating and Theater after school so I have to prepare for two shows!

6. I performed part of the Harry Potter Sorting Hat poem (Sadly,  I did memorize it two years ago.) in english for my Theater group and they loved it. I love them, too. Theater kids are awesome and wacky.

7. Oral tests in Italy might as well be living nightmares. Everyone freaks out when ever they are chosen for one. The teacher has a student pick a number out of a paper bag, and everyone holds their breath, to see if they are the doomed victim. It's something like the Hunger Games. Then if you are the prey, the teacher interrogates you in front of the whole class as they watch in silence. It's intense. I failed-- no, BOMBED miserably in Physics.

8. My little brother and sister are shetlered and a bit spoiled. *sigh*

9. I never thought I would have to deal with a jealous sibling. =/ My little sister Marta  is very kind to me at home in front of our parents, but when I'm with her in front of my friends or with other people, she becomes a demon. She insults me, takes my stuff, and is just plain childish. Then she attacks me even when I kindly tell her to stop. There's something wrong with her. Marta has no reason to be angry with me. She receives enough (overflowing practically) love from her parents already.

10. Many people where glasses for fashion, not perscription.

11.  Ugh, there's too much studying and tests.

12. Everything is still expensive.

13. Many Italian teenagers are glued to their cellphones and other technologies.

Random thought process over.

3 comments:

  1. Well kiddo I guess you are learning that all families are not the same. I see that they are trying to keep you safe! So how much is the exchange????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew you had another blog m(_ _)m
    Your life in Italy sounds fun D but school sounds difficult '_' I hope you get good reviews so you can get credits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zakiyya! Very Happy New Year!
    I'm sorry to hear that school is such a different experience from home. I am gearing up for this year's blog project and was showing some students your brilliant blog about Adelaide Labille-Guiard. I have used it as an exemplar of a really great project. If you get a chance, check out this year's project in the next few weeks as they start putting up their introductions (A guest appearance from Adeilaide would be spectacular!): http://guesswhoiscoingtodinnerartists3.blogspot.com/
    Keep your head up and enjoy your time in the south of italy!

    ReplyDelete