Sunday, February 26, 2012

i will join the circus

It was the 3 day weekend of Carnivale (thank goodness) and I had a lot of fun! Even though Carnivale is much bigger and cooler in Venice, it was still good in Treviso. :D There were colorful parade floats mainly having to do with the history of Italy or random themes such as Betty Boop with popular party music.







 A lot of the dancers were in high school and I guess they choreographed and made everything in their free time.

 My family and I stood on the side of the streets to let the floats pass. It was awesome seeing everyone in costumes! (Well except me, I didn't have a costume. :( ) There were so many boys dressed as girls, haha. I even saw Snow White as a man, complimented with bright highlight yellow heels of course. He worked it.

 The dancers were fantastic, too! I just wished I could've dressed up as Waldo like I do the United States...

One of the things that actually surprised me about festivals in Italy is the confetti. Ok you're probably thinking duh there was confetti, but everyone throws it at each other. Like in your face throwing. I didn't have confetti so I was just running through the streets being pelted. At first it was all fun and games until I found out it was hard to brush off! I was finding it in my clothes for days and in uncomfortable places! *awkward cough* Yeah...

---


My study habits are becoming ridiculous. My brother found me sleeping face first in my Italian notebook because I was exhausted from studying. Look at that dedication! I work so hard. :)

---


I decree AFS USA should show this video at all parting orientations from now on.


Thank you Dr. Seuss.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha. In the picture where you're face planted in homework, is that a wall of quotes/motivation phrases I see? Or studying material? Cause if its the quotes, I am going to be very happy.

      Delete
    2. Those are inspiration quotes. :D

      Delete
    3. I love that you still have them. You always do find some of the best ones. Haha. Like Dumbledore's "remember to turn on the light" one that used to be on your door.

      Delete