Sunday, May 20, 2012

Wow, I don't know what happened for the past two weeks but it's like my daily schedule decided to just compress and pack in more activities. I had other programs interfering with others and it was total chaos. I thought I was going to go ballistic! Of course as usual the internet would step in and help me forget my problems making everything worse. I had so much stuff to do I didn't even feel like starting therefore we I had procrastination on my hands. Haha, I'm sure we've all had days like that.

---

Peace Project

The students of Intercultura finally participated in the greatly anticipated  Peace Project ceremony this year in Padova. We introduced ourselves AND THEEEEEN... we sat down and watched everyone perform. Yupp. Super duper exciting! At least we missed school. Gosh it was a Monday, too. Thank goodness.

There were students from all over Italy. Some from Rome, from more southern places and from Sicily!  Also other students from France, Macedonia, and other countries. They prepared their dances well and it was fantastic to watch everyone. I love the krump dancers the most. All the performances promoted peace in very creative ways. I hadn't seen for a long time so I was happy! :)



A French school choir that had deaf children. They made hand signs and were so enthusiastic about their performance! It was so cute!

---

Theater

About two weeks after Peace Project I returned back to Padova with my school my school to participate in a Theater competition. It was awesome! We didn't win anything but we still had so much fun. Another excuse to miss school, too.  And when you're with a bunch of hyperactive teenagers in a small bus to get there, it's an adventure in itself. I'm seriously going to miss my theater group the most because they're just as crazy as me. Some of them even remind me of my goofy friends from home. They're very passionate about what they do! It makes me want to work just as hard as them.

Our play was about a boy who constantly lies, hoping to receive the heart of the most popular girl in school, which puts him up in very odd situations. It was much funnier and shorter  than the play that we saw before WHICH PUT EVERYONE TO SLEEP. But the judges obviously loved it cause they won. I think it's because our play had to many curse words and wasn't as serious.



The night before we had our competition we did a show for all the parents, students, and teachers that would actually take some time out of their melancholy life of studying to see us perform. Everyone was so happy and said our show was absolutely fantastic. Some people showed up to see me that I didn't even expect to be there! O_O;; Like many other classmates, teachers I didn't know very well, and also one of the old lady volunteers from AFS I'm not a big fan of.

Haha the people who didn't know me in the audience could tell I wasn't Italian because I had an American accent while speaking. XD I can only imagine what I sounded like. Also for some reason, when I say Italian curse words, everyone just bursts into laughter. I guess it's funny the way I pronounce them.

I received a real rose from my good friends Achille and Maria Vittoria and their mother.



I don't have to add water to it for two years and it's still going to be alive

---

I find that reading is becoming slightly easier. The more I read and the more I study the rules of Italian, the more things just come into the light. The last journal I think I posted about me reading was when I just started... at a third grade level.  XD Well ladies and gentlemen I have good news! I've graduated to adult novels. AW YEAH. They're extremely difficult but if I read slowly I can understand them. But I'm going to go back to teenage novels again. They have easier vocabulary even if their stories suck.

I finished reading Sophie's World in Italian, because my Philosophy teacher wanted another round of Hunger Games aka an oral test. He didn't say when the it would be, he just told me to be ready and I was like "Crap. ಠ_ಠ" But I was ready! And I passed the test of course. He told me what to study BUT for some reason in Italy that means it won't be on the test or in the oral exam. It always ends up like that! Teachers need to get their lives together. Telling me what to do and end up doing something else. This is why hardworking children fail. >_>;;

I'm just glad that I did well on the other tests I had to study for also. XD I'm alive again! Only to go back to studying for Physics and Math. This is the time of year everyone has tests to do. I feel so bad for all the students because it just adds on more to their studying time in which they already have enough to do.

But after the exams there's going to be a handful of parties I can hopefully make my way into... 

---

I had a skating competition yesterday and I kind of had no clue what I was doing. Haha I had fun though with my group and I arrived in first place. Also being the only one in my category helps, too! :) I've improved so much in skating though...







 ---

It's finally arriving. The end of the year with AFS. Wow. 2 months to go. I have to make them count.

I think some people have been angry lately and just need to chill. Life doesn't need to be that serious at all.

I saw this comic online and it just basically defines what I think about life.



Seriously it's a marvelous feeling once you really think about it.

1 comment:

  1. Zakiyya! Hey! So guess what, I'll be in Graz on Monday, and my friend and I are planning a day trip to Venice! Not sure the day but it'd be either the 7,8,9th, or 10th of june. email me if you can meet and i'll let you know the details as time approaches! mbrungardt10@live.com
    hope all is well! :D

    ReplyDelete