Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The AFS Calendar is Closing...

Ha you can call me a bad blog keeper now. xD

I've been so busy, I never thought at that beginning of the year it would be actually hard to fit in time for a blog. It looked like a cinch!

I recently had my last show for Skating and it was a big show I didn't expect. We had guest hip-hop dancers, colorful theater lights, loud music, the whole shebang. It was awesome. I received a cool scarf, a DVD of something, and an alarm clock from my organization :)



The only thing I was mad about was the glitter they put on my face.


It was beautiful when it contrasted with my dark skin in the lights but the problem was after the show. Someone invented it so it wouldn't come off. It is literally the herpes of arts and crafts! (My Life as Liz, ha, high-five.) I woke up in the morning looking like I went to a party at Ke$ha's house. Yes, my dears, it was that bad. It took at least 3 washes to get most of it off, and I still have a bit on me! Next person that comes to me with glitter is going down.

---

I went to a nearby wonder park called Gardaland with Intercultura yesterday. Originally it was only for the 12 students of Treviso but we invited some of the students that are here for only 6 months. It was fun and I made even more friends. XD

Costa Rica, Japan, and USA!


We were scared it would rain all day, but it on happened in the morning, and it was cold. But in the end it was a beautiful day. Intercultura raided Gardaland along with affiliates and friends. XD

---

I wasn't too sad parting with everyone after Gardaland because tomorrow is the final camp! We get to see each other for 4 days. It's going to be beautiful and sad at the same time. I'm so happy! It's going to be like the camp in October... except at the end of the year. They said we have another Talent Show but this time, I prepared nothing. Woops! I'll find something last minute to do...

We'll see who left early, who's only been here for 6 months ... ha I don't really want to say goodbye to anyone. :'( I want to go home to the US but at the same time, I would like to stay in Italy and continue my adventures. I think I might actually have some reverse culture shock when I go back, too.

Also I just want to remember Italian. I'm going to try and read or write every now and then so I can hold on to it.

I haven't even started test packing my stuff. That's the only thing I'm not looking forward to. Packing. It's just so troublesome and annoying for me. I know it may not seem like I need to start packing all my stuff now, but I want to have an idea of what the heck I'm going to do. I'm too organized!

Besides my sister,Sara, is coming back from Costa Rica on June 19th so I think I might have to move out of my luxurious studio apartment room and go upstairs for just a bit. Sara's sister from Costa Rica is also moving in with us for a week. She's in Portugal for a year and is taking a vacation with us. This house is going to be interesting. I can only hope they're very nice!

I hope my little sister will be happier, too. Marta had usual cry fits saying how she missed Sara so I think she'll be more than ecstatic to see here again.

---

Last day of school was so sad. I took a lot of pictures with people and surprisingly I didn't cry. It was sad but I actually didn't cry! O_O I think it was  a combination of  the abomination, that is Italian school, being finished and being happy to see many of my classmates for the last time. The weird part is very few people didn't even know I was from the United States until the saw me taking photos with everyone and my flag. Wow. XD






I had everyone sign my t-shirt! Practically half the school, I had to stop after a while because it was too full.

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, ...smell no evil?

I'm really going to miss my class. They did their best to make sure I felt at home with them and I'll never forget that. They could've just abandoned me but they stayed and helped a girl with poor childish Italian grow into a person who could actually speak with others properly. :)

---
I finally found my favorite Italian song! It's so beautiful! <3 La Notte - By Arisa! <3



---

Mary Beth, an AFS who went to Spain for a year is in Europe again! I wanted to meet her in Venice but I'm too busy. ---> follow her blog, see her adventures, and how she's actually learning a lot of Italian cause it's similar to Spanish! http://marybeth-afs.blogspot.it/

---

Every year Treviso has the students create a yearbook and I drew some images for it! I can't wait to see it, I'll post a picture when the Yearbook comes in.

I gave everyone a title from one of my favorite stories, of Alice and Wonderland, and I drew a dedication to them. I think one of the volunteers put it as the cover!

Alyce - New Zealand - Alice/ Alessa - Dominican Republic - Cheshire Cate / Johannes - Finland - White Rabbit / Millie - USA - Tweedle Dee and Dum / Palm - Thailand - Dormouse / Zakiyya - USA - Mad Hatter / Pipa - Portugal - Red Queen / Vuk - Serbia - Caterpillar / Rosita - Argentina - White Queen / Facundo - Paraguay - White Knight / Liv - Germany - Knave / Joanna - Portugal - Ace of Hearts / Claire - Canada - March Hare / <3
I've been making water color paintings left and right as gifts for people as goodbye gifts. They're so fun and easy to make! I translate some inspirational quotes onto these images in Italian and every seems to enjoy them. :)

---

They're have been a few earthquakes here in Italy lately.  I haven't felt any of them even though they've been close, such as by Bologna or North Italy in general. My body is dumb enough to sleep through them but it will wake up at the first signs of hard rain. That doesn't even make any sense!

Here's a picture of the after math taken by an AFS student from Conversano, Italy. (Southern Italy)



It's sad to hear of deaths and ancient architecture being destroyed. But Italy is doing all they can to deal with the situation!
---

I need to make a list of things I learned  this year. Haha it sure is a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment