Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Daily Fun

Well I wouldn't say daily just yet. But I've been on a record of hanging out with my siblings. They are so fun! I keep my bedroom door open to let my family know it's okay to come in and talk to me (well, except when I'm asleep.) or my siblings can play, even when I am typing and editing on the computer.

My little sister Marta is an artist genius. She has her own drawing sketch book with everything from watercolors to cool markers. Marta is pretty much doing stuff I wouldn't even be doing at her age, I believe. She knows how to lay down colors for her art and when we work on art together she has the most specific plans in mind! Plus she has a unique technique. My art teacher in the US would be very happy to have Marta as a pupil. I haven't run into many children like her. Very funny and helpful to be around.








Marta even teaches  me about animals through her cute books.



While we work on sketches and paintings, we listen to playlists one of friends made me. Much music I wouldn't listen to on a daily basis, but it's awesome, from Lady Gaga to Vampire Weekend. lol

I also went biking with my father today. Surprisingly the town is simpler and smaller than I thought. I guess it was just overwhelming at first. But yeah, biking is one of the main transportations around here in Italy!  HUGE difference from where I live in the US. Haha no wonder everyone here is quite skinny and fit. Besides the fact that the Italians here eat many vegetables and fruits.Whenever I would try to lock up my dad's and my bike with those metal chords and keys, I would have so much trouble trying to tie it around the bikes because it wasn't long enough. Everyone who passed me on the streets would have a look like "Wow, how pitiful." Lol it was bad. I got used to the locks but it took a few embarrassments first. I haven't rode a bike in over a year- neither with a lock- give me a break.

Traffic with cars here is weird! Seriously, I'm not used to cars that actually wait and let you cross when you are standing at the side walk. They let you and your bike pass into oncoming traffic and just hope to fate you don't get hit by a car. I'm usually the only one freaking out about this though, cause it's still confusing! I'm playing FROGGER with my life everyday. O_O My parents just gave me the privilege to walk Marta to school ("P-P-Pauroso..." S-S-Scary...) which is only right down the street, but traffic freaks me out man.

Walking is also another form of transportation widely used. And the BUS especially! I went into downtown with my mom today on the bus, and it's just about as downtown you can get with a GREAT Italian influence. Pretty much the pictures you see anywhere on the web in Italy, is basically what my town looks like. I didn't take any pictures today but there is a whole year ahead to do that later. So many alley like streets! As I was walking with my mom with the map to go to school today (not technically for school, but for preparing my classes like meeting teachers, filling out questionnaires, and meeting my tutor from England.) we went through so many alleys and I had to look at my mom like "Are-you-crazy-we-can't-go-down-that-street-looks-shady" type of expression.

But apparently walking down suspicious alleys is normal in Italy so whatever.

I met my two neighborhood boys who go to my school today. They aren't in my class but they are really friendly. Atleast I know in person who goes to my school now. One of them even offered to get some Gelato (Italian Ice Cream) with me tomorrow. How kind. :)

Now off to watch football with Davide. xD  He is in love with the Milan team.

Frittata FTW.


-sigh- I hope the good times will be here to stay. ;)

4 comments:

  1. bahahahahahaah crossing the street! that made me laugh out loud xD it was the same in spain and took a LONGGGGG while to get used to...but it was nice once it got normal. i wonder how many returnees get hit by cars when they come back ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. True! The streets are scary. I'm guessing you almost got hit by a car when you came back right? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha man it is so weird having to wait for cars and dash accross between them since they don't stop. i just read your new post ahahaha buses OWN the streets! i can remember clearly almost getting smashed by a bus a few times, its so embarassing. they just floor the horn and keep going. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh I hope I get used to this. O_______O;; It's crazy insane...

    ReplyDelete