Thursday, September 15, 2011

If you love someone...

set them free to let them almost get hit by a bus.

Ah, yes this little birdie was set to travel into the town of Treviso today. Bus style. My mom wanted to test my skills getting to where I need to go without parental guidance. Anyone who knows me in Cincinnati can guarantee I can't give directions to save my life. On a scale of 1 to 10 with me trying to figure out where I need to go I am -6.

But the solution to Zakiyya's problem is a map. Go figure. Still got lost, but I wasn't totally helpless.

Of course in the previous post I told you I am not particularly good with Italian traffic, so checking a map and walking at the same time is a bad idea. Especially when the map is specifically constructed for tourists, you could definitely tell I blended in so well. Oh and hence the part where I almost got hit by a bus. I tried to blend in by not giving a crap about how and where and when I cross the street because that seems to be the way the Italians do it downtown. O_O OMG EPIC FAIL. NEVER AGAIN. I'm going to try and be more street smart.

When I asked one lady what street we were on, she said "Non so." I don't know. I was kind of surprised. Even some people here aren't officially sure where they're going I guess. Haha but I'm back and later tonight I have to do the same thing except find the AFS group I'm supposed to meet up with in a Sqaure. Sort of like downtown where I live, it's called Fountain Square, but here in Italy they have like seven or more of those.

Oh and does anyone know how to upload a .WMV video file on to YouTube that is over 100MB? Because NoobTube really doesn't want to cooperate with me, and I've been trying to upload this video for days. I want to show you guys some of what I've been doing and I didn't edit these videos for nothing. lol

Oh and boys seem to be gentlemen in Silea. Cause when I went out with my neighbor/friend to get some ice cream (he brought his friends along with him too, [Or they were coincidentally just hanging out there, who knows?]) and he bought my ice cream for me. I was like "Uh what are you doing? Don't I pay for this?!" His response,"Tranquille! Tranquille!" Literally means "quiet", but here it is used as, No Problem! No Problem!
Whaaaaaaat? Definitely does not happen in America unless you are going out with said person. I'm going to just take it a kindly gesture.

Haha his friends weren't half bad either. They had the stereotypical Italian personalities in a interesting way. Not like the boys at the airport in Zurich. =/ They made fun of each other ("Haha, you're gay! No, you're gay!"), and I'll just take their word for it. I can't use my gaydar much here because the way the boys dress, I can't even tell sometimes, though some do dress like American boys.

some boys like korean boy bands over here. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHA

I'm seeing A LOT of American Flag prints on designer shirts, helmets, bikes and everything. And I'm hearing American music randomly blasted in cars, too. It's crazy, the influence America has on culture.

Oh also studying abroad you are "well-known" and people really want to know you. And on the risk of sounding like a totally cocky douchebag, if you say you're American people really really really want to know you, in most cases. I've gotten a couple dirty looks already, but oh well, gotta keep on rolling. That's their problem if they think all Americans are what the see on TV and other media  (THANKS JERSEY SHORE. People keep asking me if I know Pauly D and the Situation, wtf >_>) and they don't want to get to know me.

Well good luck to me for the rest of the year! :) <3 Italy is beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations are making it to Italy! I know you will have a terrific time and see all kinds of exciting things. I'm really looking forward to hearing all about your Italian adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quindi basta arrivare in Italia e si tenta di ottenere investito da un autobus ... strada da percorrere bambino. Si può convertire il filmato in un altro formato?

    So you just get to Italy and you try to get hit by a bus...way to go kid. Can you convert the movie to another format?

    ReplyDelete