Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New York Orientation

Driving safely?! Nope, not for New Yorkers! It seems absolutely normal to talk on a cellphone while eating a muffin and driving with your knees. It's a crazy interesting place.






I'm finally in the DoubleTree Hotel where AFS is holding their orientation. I have my hotel roommate, and she is hilarious. When I sat down at the table everyone was talking like we all knew each other for months. Cause that's just what AFSers do.

I said goodbye to my family 2AM this morning, and I just said goodbye to my mom and step dad a couple hours ago. We've been through so much to get to where I am now. I'm so happy we made it! =) 12-13 hour drive to New York from Cincinnati and I. am. tired.

The majority of the AFSers here are going to Italy. We have some going to Spain, Peru, Portugal, and Ghana. And we are all very excited! Plus we are close to the JFK airport so we can just see the airplanes take off and land.

This is just a quick update to what I have been doing. Everything else, like videos will come later cause those take much more time. I need to be downstairs by 5. AFS gives us quite the free responsible schedule. They trust we will get to the places we need to on time and that's what I love about them.

Tomorrow our flight leaves around 9PM and we will go to Switzerland actually, not Germany. From there we should be able to go to Rome, Italy and meet the other students from around the world. I can't wait!

Haha my roommate and I just made our home in the hotel room already. xD
Ciao!~ <3

Haha the internet isn't too good in this hotel. ;P

1 comment:

  1. Glad everything is going ok. We got drenched last night!

    ReplyDelete